Tuesday 6 September 2011

I wish you could ever realize.......

I wish  you could ever realize
How it felt  when you said,
You didn't love me anymore.
It was as if thousands of arrows pierced my chest,
And my heart broke the way a mirror would,
When dashed  to the ground .
The world appeared to enter
The abysmal absence of light and vitality.

I wish you could ever know,
How I, staring at the ceiling, kept awake,
night after night, thinking of you
Even long after you had gone away .

I wish you could ever know,
How I , burying my head into the side pillow,
kept sobbing through the night,
Thinking about you.

I wish you could ever know
How you, when I fell asleep,
Appeared in my dreams,
Only to scold me for loving you.

Tears roll down my cheeks
As I remember how we sat in the garden,
hand in hand, silent.
Amidst the chirping of birds,
Frequent shouting of children,
And humming of casual visitors around,
We were lost in our mute colloquy,
As silence became more vocal than speech.

I wish you could ever realize
How much this silence made me feel complete,
With the feeling of togetherness !
And how much I wished time to stop there,
Till eternity.

I wish you could ever realize
A broken heart never causes death,
It makes life far worse;
As it converts life into the ugliest nightmare,
The every millisecond of which
One has to live,
Wide awake,
In extreme agony and ache.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Samrat,
    extremely well written. I like this. Keep it up man.Hi Samrat,
    extremely well written. I like this. Keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samrat - Thanks for the friend invitation, which I just accepted - and the vote. This poem is just wonderful - I've been hurt just like you described and pain and emotional agony was also just like you described. I think in order to write this convincingly like this, you have to be emotional. Even if the event didn't happen personally to you (and it seems this probably did) you can imagine the feeling you're writing about - like a great actor. You HAVE to be emotional to do that. Looking forward to reading more. Have a good day Samrat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ever so much for such generous comment made by you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great friend! It was so sweet..:) Any one who can read this will melt on your sweetness words.. May you find the right one that will love you the way you you love her..

    Have wonderful day!.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone can feel the intense emotions expressed through your poem... nicely expressed !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ever so much , kitty .

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is my fave line ...
    I wish you could ever realize
    A broken heart never causes death,
    It makes life far worse;
    As it converts life into the ugliest nightmare,
    The every millisecond of which
    One has to live,
    Wide awake,.... I can relate to it ... and truly heart ache is truly painful and misery...
    In extreme agony and ache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could feel the pain when one isn't loved anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Balqis for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely. your words i believe could melt any girls out there. very nice. delicate art work :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ever so much for your generous comment, inspector saahab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello.
    I just read this poem shared by Sagittarian.

    Very touching & heartfelt.
    Nicely penned.
    Thanks.

    Oh Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andy, thank you so much for visiting 'Love is ethereal' and leaving a comment. Please come again.

      Delete